Selection Correct Sentence

Objective General English 


Selecting the Correct Sentences

In this part of section each set comprises four alternatives where different forms of ty same sentences are given on the same theme and subject. A student is required t select a sentence which is the most suitable in respect of meaning and grammatical correctness. The correct alternative is supposed to give the exact meaning beade being grammatically correct

Revision Exercise

Directions Each set of the following sectences comprises four alternatives labeled as A B C and D Candidate is required to select the most suitable alternative who conveys the exact meaning in accordance with the correct grammatical rules

1. A. To be intelligent is more essential than being hard working.

B Being intelligent is more important than to be hard working C. For one to be intelligent is more important than being hard working

D. Being intelligent is more essential than being hard working.

2. A. If he wins the prize I would be very happy

B if he were to win the prize I'll be very happy Cil he was to win the prize would be very happy

D. If he were to win the prize would be very happy

3. A. Our school had won the match if only we have concentrated B. Our school would have won the match if only we would have concentrated

C Our school would have won the match if only we had concentrated

D Our school had won the match if only we would have concentrated

4. A. My sister had left for America last week B My sister has been left for America last week

C. My sister has left for America last week D My sister left for America last week

Related Topic: Text with Link

General English


345


It is high time he will start earning It is high time he started


B earning Cn is high time he starts earning


D. It is high time he has started earning A is a pleasure to see an alligator basking in the sunshine on a river bank as long as ninety feet


BI is a pleasure to see an alligator as long as ninety feet basking in the sunshine on a river bank CR is a pleasure to see an alligator basking in the sunshine as long as ninety feet on a river bank


D. It is a pleasure to see an alligator basking as long as ninety feet in the


sunshine on a river bank


7 A The villagers were enjoying winter evening around the fire


B. The villagers were enjoying winter evening around a fire C. The villagers were enjoying winter evening around fire.


D The villagers were enjoying winter evening round fire A When he had lost the book he searched


8 it everywhere B. When he lost the book he searched for it everywhere C. When he lost the book he had searched for it everywhere


D. When he lost the book he searched it up everywhere


9. A This was the ideal book available in the market


8 This was most ideal book available in the market.


C This was a most ideal book available in the market


D. This was the most ideal book available in the market 10 A An one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets BA one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets


C The one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets


D. One-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets 11, A It is the duty of a house-wife to wait on the guest.


8. It is the duty of a house-wife to wait for the guest


C It is the duty of a house-wife to wait the guest


Dit is the duty of a house-wife to await the guest


12 A You are not working hard so your success is out of a question


BYou are not working hard so your success is out of the question.


You are not working hard so your success is out of question D. You are not working hard so your success is not out of the question


13. A. You cannot win my confidence without ever believing me B You cannot win my confidence without never believing me


14


C. You cannot win my confidence without not believing me D You cannot win my confidence with ever believing me A It is strange that you don't know swimming


Bts strange that you don't know how to swim


Ct is strange that you don't know how to swimming Ds strange that you don't know to swim


Also Read:Text with Link

346

Objective General Engin

15. A The receptionist must answer courteously the questions what are asked by the callers

B The receptionist must answer courteously the questions of all the callers C. The receptionist should answer courteously the questions of at the callers

D. The receptionist courteously should answer the question of callers

16. A As he was sick, he was quite enthusiastic B. Since he was sick, he was quite enthusiastic

C. As sick he was, he was quite enthusiastic

D. Sick as he was, he was quite enthusiastic

17. A Both my brother and my sister love me but I should say that she loves me

more than he B. Both my brother and my sister love me but I should say that she

loves

more than him C Both my brother and my sister love me but I should say that she loves me

more than him D. Both my brother and my sister love me but I should say that she loves! more than he

18.

A. I am an optimist and therefore generally differ with you. B. I am an optimist and therefore I generally differ from you

C. I am an optimist and therefore generally differ in you.

D I am an optimist and therefore I generally differ you.

19. A Neena can do it alone and no body else can do it B. Neena alone can do it and nobody else can do it

C. Neena can alone do it and nobody else can do it.

D Alone Neena can do it and no body else can do it.

20. A Due to want of rain the wells have gone dry

B Because of want of rain the wells have gone

dry C. For want of rain the wells have gone dry.

D. Owing to want of rain the wells have gone dry.

Revision Exercise B

1. A As the train which was my usual was missing I had to travel. B Having missed the train which usually catch and had to travel. C I missed the train which usually catch and had to travel by the next

D I missed not only the train which usually catch but had to travel on the next 2. A He may be poor now but he appears to have been rich in his youth

8. He may be poor now but he appears to be rich in his youth. C He may be poor now but he appears being rich in his youth D. He may be poor now but he appears to rich in his youth

3. A By June next year Ajay will be twenty years working in the office. BT June next year Ajay will work in the office for twenty years.

Til June next year Ajay will work in the office for twenty years D By June next year Ajay will have been working in the office for twenty years



আমাৰ বিজ্ঞাপন কোনো ব্যক্তিগত প্ৰতিস্থান বা চৰকাৰী ভাবে প্ৰকাশিত বিজ্ঞাপন নহয়। সঠিক তথ্য অনুসৰি প্ৰকাশিত বিজ্ঞাপনৰ মূল আধাৰত প্ৰচাৰিত কৰা হৈছে। আপোনাৰ কোনো ধৰণৰ Query বা অভিযোগ উপস্থাপন কৰিবলৈ আমাৰ editor ৰ লগত যোগাযোগ কৰিব পাৰে অথবা Contact Us ত দাখিল কৰক।{alertSuccess}

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url